I couldn't resist...
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?
(Mexican) Hot chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap your presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wraps 'em, but stocking stuffers are usually unwrapped.
3. Colored lights or white lights?
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but would it be weird to hang bunches of basil?
5. When do you hang up your holiday decorations?
Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding desserts)?
Not any one dish in particular, but our Christmas Eve spread of appetizers (Texas Caviar, queso, croissant sandwiches, cheese and crackers, veggie tray, lil' smokies, etc.) is one of my favorite meals of the year.
7. What is your favorite holiday memory from childhood?
I remember waking up Christmas morning, waiting for Mom and Dad to get their coffee and brush their teeth before we could go in the living room, pacing in our PJs, then running toward the tree to take in the sights of presents from Santa. (Mom would wrap the boxes in brown paper and address them from the North Pole.) We'd spend hours unwrapping and assembling everything, playing for a bit, then throw on some clothes and head to the movie theater.
8. What is on your Christmas wish list?
Ballet flats, proper pajamas and kitchen stuff.
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
We were allowed to open one present on Christmas Eve, but the rest had to wait for Christmas morning. I still get to open one on Christmas Eve during the family exchange!
10. How do you decorate your tree?
White lights, scarlet and gold ornaments (mostly), and twisted ribbon cascading down.
11. Snow - love it or dread it?
Love it! Once in a blue moon we get a White Christmas in Texas.
12. Real tree or fake tree?
Fake. Real trees smell delish, I'll give you that, but fake ones make more sense for me.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
(I'm gonna cheat here because I can't recall a favorite present from Christmas.) One of my most treasured gifts is my mom's beautiful wedding ring, given to me by my Pops the morning she passed.
14. What's the most important thing about Christmas to you?
Time with my family. Hands down. It's the perfect excuse to come together and visit.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Putting up the tree, candlelight service and gathering for Christmas Eve.
17. What do you put on top of your tree?
A gold and scarlet angel. (Her wings fell off this year. That's probably not a good sign.)
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Definitely giving. I like to give gifts that people won't buy for themselves, so the smiles and "Yay!" moments totally make my holiday.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night.
20. Candy canes - yucky or yummy?
The rainbow-colored cherry ones are delish. Not a fan of the peppermint ones, though.
21. Favorite Christmas movie(s)?
Elf, Polar Express, Love Actually (yes huh!) and Christmas Vacation.
22. What do you leave for Santa?
Frosted sugar cookies and milk.
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
In the past, open presents and stockings over coffee with my immediate family. This year I am going to church with my honey and his family, so presents will probably happen after that.
24. Do you prefer to shop online or at the mall?
Online. Going to the mall at least once for ideas and ambiance is pretty fun, but I do the bulk of it online. (Holla, free shipping!)
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Card, fo sho.
Ok, now you go! Re-blog this questionnaire or leave some comments to share how you would respond to some of these.
(Thanks for the idea, Stephanie...who got it from Anna...etc. )